Chairman's update: September 2019

Chairman's update: September 2019
September Chairman’s update To all our fellow BAK Members, With winter nearly done we can look forward to a great running season ahead of us. I want to thank everyone that took the time to attend the Special General Meeting, as you all know by now BELLVILLE RUNNING CLUB was chosen as our new club name and the proposed club constitution was also adopted. I have submitted all the required documentation to WPA and if everything goes well, the new club will accepted by WPA at their AGM in October. I previously mentioned the new club challenges that will be starting in October and this an opportune time to tell you more about the two new challenges, i.e. the 20x10 challenge and the new revised Ultra challenge . The 20x10 challenge is as the name says, 20 x 10km races from 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2020. This challenge will be for the members that are just starting out or for those for which the 21x21km challenge is too big of a challenge. The revised Ultra challenge is for the more experienced, long dis…