Comrades 2019: Novices interview

Comrades 2019: Novices interview
Starting your very 1st Comrades marathon can be quite a daunting prospect. We caught up with some of the BAK members who will do just that, line up for their 1st. We posed some questions to get an idea of their preparation, fears and excitement. Here are their comments: 1. When did you take up running and what is the reason for lining up for your 1 st  Comrades? Cindy Fischer: I have been running on and off since 2014. But only took up serious running since July last year. A friend that stays in Jhb said he wants to do the comrades and I always dreamed of doing the comrades one day, so decided this will be great to do it with him ”  Lukho Ruthula: Prior to last year, I was playing soccer, however logistics didn't work out as I changed jobs, therefore had to find another "hobby". Comrades is every runner's dream, we grew up watching it as kids & this year I was feeling fit & my work is accommodating for now, hence I signed up Grant Chinyowa: Been running about 2years now. …